Sunday, August 31, 2008
She was recently on Bravo's 'Project Runway' for the drag queen challenge.
Visit her great website to find out more about this great entertainer.
Varla Jean Merman 'Dark Lady'
Varla Jean Merman 'Jew Don't Know My Name'
I first meet Melania a few years ago at the Miss North Carolina USofA pageant, where she placed as 1st Alternate. She is such a sweet person.
Last year was her first time at Miss Continental. She won preliminary evening gown and made the top 10.
She also competed at Miss International Queen in Thailand. She made the top 10 and won Most Beautiful.
Nysha Lopez :
Tamisha Iman :
Chantel Demarco :
Jasmine Bonet :
Evening Gown : Solid red fabric beaded gown
Swimsuit : Basic black. Jasmine usually does very well in swimsuit.
Talent : Diana Ross mix. Screen on stage has photos of Jasmine from her years at Miss Continental. Necole Luv Dupree did a Diana Ross & The Supremes talent last year and won. I am not sure how the judges may view such a similar talent. Who knows ?
Competiton is still going on, but here are my picks for Top 10 tomorrow :
This is just my guess. There could be a surpirse or two.
The pageant is being held at Park West in Chicago, Illinois. Miss Continental has one preliminary night, which is tonight. Tomorrow night will be the final night when the top 10 is announced. The final night pageant is supposed to start at 8 pm. CST.
Here is the list of contestants for the Miss Continental 2009 pageant, which starts tonight :
(We will have an official list later today. Some contestants may not have showed)
Check Ultra Naté's newest single/video "Twisted" from "Alchemy: G.S.T. Reloaded" - making it's "Original, Uncensored" world premiere here at DragShowcase Blog. A third such collaboration between Ultra and director Karl Giant, it's sure to have people goin' round and round for Ultra's "Twisted" sounds. Karl Giant's make-up, photography, and video direction...there's nothing like it.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Monday, August 25, 2008
The Miss Comedy Queen pageant was held August 18, 2008 at the Parliament House in Orlando, Florida.
The contestants were :
01 Brianna Lee
02 Diana Diamond
03 Jessica James
04 Alexandria Martin
05 The Minx
06 Vitzi Vahnu
07 Bridgette Galore
Winner - Vitzi Vahnu
1st Alternate - The Minx
2nd Alternate - Alexandria Martin
Pageant Recap Top 3 :
Presentation: "Out of the Toy Box"
* Vitzi (who is openly Jewish, lol) came out in gold roller skates dressed as a big blue dreidel
* The Minx drove out in a Barbie Dream car Power Wheels
* Alexandria Martin was a spin off of the "Betsy Wetsy" and "Chatty Kathy" doll... the "Alexandria Martin Fartin" doll
* Vitzi came out and did a little skit as a typical old jewish woman in Boca. Big hat, glasses, gold and leopard print with sequin swimsuit... she kept schleping things on stage and was gossiping about people... VERY FUNNY
* The Minx had a video of her in a swimming pool doing synchronized swimming a la Esther Williams. The video screen came up and she was in a kiddie pool and did a synch routhine on stage.
* Alexandria looked SICK in a black swimsuit with yellow lane lines on it, with a ponytail down past her :censored:.... 2 boys had signs that said dangerous curves ahead and slippery when wet, and the "highway" she had on stage was then watered down and used as a slip n slide... funny.
* Vitzi rewrote the lyrics to "Popular" from Wicked and satirized Darcel Stevens, Armani, the owners of the pageant and owners of the bar.... VERY FUNNY
* The Minx did Mommie Dearest meets ABBA in a cream mask with backup dancers all in cream masks and with wire hangers, and she kept beating the hell out of little Christina!
* Alexandria did a whole Miss Piggy talent and ended with everyone "snacksercizing"
* Vitzi had a gown made out of bagels and had a tub of cream cheese in her updo. As she modeled, she took a bagel off the gown, put cream cheese on it and ate it.
* The Minx was the chandeleir from Phantom of the Opera. As she modeled, someone came and pulgged an extension cord into her hair and it lit up. The part in the music where the chandeleir crashes, she fell. FUNNY
* Alexandria had a gown made of koosh balls. All the koosh balls lit up. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Miss Gay Iowa USofA at Large was held on August 2, 2008 at Jones Street Station Nightclub in Sioux City, Iowa.
They had 3 contestants :
01 Martina Shakers (for talent did "ress is my strongest suite")
02 Mia Adams (did eartha kitt for talent )
03 Elizabeth Raines (did a great dance mix talent )
Winner : Martina Shakers
1st Alternate : Mia Adams
2nd Alternate : Elizabeth Raines
Martina Shakers won Interview & Talent
All three contestants will be going on to nationals.